Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Product Review: MB Drying Mask

Since this past weekend i seem have gone back to being a teenager with the WORST breakouts i've had in a long time, so last night, since i was home alone while G was at school... i decided to try this mask... (i know he's going to have to get used to seeing me look like a freak eventually, but i'm trying to ease him into it! LOL)

via


Details from the Mario Badescu website:

Help clear acne eruptions. This Colloidal Sulfur based mask dries existing pimples and oil and helps clarify problematic, acne prone skin. Soothing Calamine makes this mask safe and gentle for most skin types. Great for back and chest acne eruptions as well. Best when used as a companion product to our Healing & Soothing Mask and Buffering Lotion.

How to Use: Apply a thin layer on clean skin avoiding eye area. Wait 20 minutes and rinse with tepid water. May be used 2-3 times a week all over face or on problem areas only including back and chest.  


My review:
My sample!
I think I look a bit scared in this pic!

Pros: The formula wasn't sticky at all and glided on smoothly and evenly. I was able to coat my face rather quickly without having to use that much product. It seemed to dry fast (less than 20 minutes - thank GOD, see Cons below) and washed off very easily. As this isn't a mask that's made to make your skin bright and glowing after, I didn't notice anything like that. However, it seemed to bring the blemishes to a head, thus speeding up the drying time.

Cons: 2 words: THE. SMELL. omg... people i could BARELY keep this on for the designated 20 minutes... the smell was SO bad...

The Verdict: B. A solid B - i didn't actually spend any money for this product, i have a friend that works for MB that gave me some samples for my birthday. So with that said, i'm glad i didn't spend the $18 for the jar... for now I'm sticking with my dermatologist recommended products - maybe you have to use this more than once to see actual real results so to speak.


Let me know what you think? What are your favorite masks?

No comments:

Post a Comment