Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lunch time Blues

Hi girls... today we are going to talk about a topic that is very near and dear to my heart... LUNCH. You see, Lunch and I have a very close relationship... i look forward to seeing Lunch everyday (especially work days), i miss Lunch once the hour is up, i think about Lunch constantly from the hours of waking til noon...


And then something horrible happened. I realized how much Lunch was costing me... $6 here, $10 there... $20 if we go out to lunch...

In came the idea of sandwich week... sandwich week consists of my co-worker and i going to the local grocery store (the one that sells Boars Head of course) to buy cold cuts, bread, condiments and to basically eat the SAME sandwich for a week. We usually add on some kind of chip/pretzel/dorito bag so we have a little bit of a side with our sandos...

This week we changed it up a bit by getting frozen dinners (she went for Stouffers, i went for half Stouffers, half Lean Cuisine... this girl has a honeymoon to get trim for or not)... However, i'm sure after a week or two of this... we'll be bored with lunch... which is a sad thing... considering that half the time, lunch is the highlight of my day!

So my question to you is --- what do you do for lunch? Do you eat out, bring from home? Do you try to save money on lunch?


No comments:

Post a Comment