Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Book Review: Spying in High Heels

Hey Gals!
Over the Christmas break, i had some free time (G spent Christmas Eve at the Jets game with my brother) so i decided to break out the old kindle and buy a new book! As I browsed through the Kindle Store's $3.99 and under list, I found this:
get it here!
Here's the synopsis from Amazon:
L.A. shoe designer, Maddie Springer, lives her life by three rules: Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. But when she stumbles upon the work of a brutal killer, her life takes an unexpected turn from Manolos to murder. And things only get worse when her boyfriend disappears - along with $20 million in embezzled funds - and her every move is suddenly under scrutiny by the LAPD's sexiest cop. With the help of her post-menopausal bridezilla of a mother, a 300 pound psychic and one seriously oversexed best friend, Maddie finds herself stepping out of her stilettos and onto the trail of a murderer. But can she catch a killer before the killer catches up to her...

 My take on this book? Two very enthusiastic THUMBS UP! I loved every minute of this book. Some parts even had me laughing out loud! Maddie Springer was a totally likable, hilarious girl... one I would totally be BFF with in real life, if she were real. This book sort of reminded me of my other favorite author Ms. Janet Evanovich and her infamous bond enforcement agent Stephanie Plum...  and like Stephanie's hot cop men, Spying in Heels has a sizzling hot (i picture Dwayne Johnson aka the Rock) latin cop who Maddie is seeeriously crushin on. All I can say is love, love, love. And what i love even more? It's a series! So of course, this is currently on my kindle...

you're gonna wanna read it!
So, if you're looking to add to your book reading list, definitely try these out! (i think there's 3 or 4 more after these two)... and let me know if you like them as much as i did!

Oh and PS. Who else is as excited as this girl about seeing Stephanie Plum (played by Katherine Heigl) on the big screen in about 3 weeks! Woot woot! If you're not familiar, check out the trailer below!


Happy Thursday! Tonight is a little "hot" yoga with my cuzzo... pray for me. seriously. i'm gonna need it.


2 comments:

  1. i'm totally looking for a good book and this sounds like something i would love - fashion with some excitement? perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for One for the Money to come out! EEEEE!

    ReplyDelete