Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yeah, that really happened...


Sometimes, I feel like I'm not as smart as I think I am.

Case in point. Lunch today.

Went to Sally's Beauty Supply with C to pick up a few things... afterwards, we decided to eat at this Chinese Buffet.

So, we walk in, they seat us, we're looking around... the lady comes over takes our drink order, brings us our drinks and walks away.

A few seconds go by (we're just sitting there staring at each other)

Me:
So um........ what do we do now?
C: Um... I'm really not sure... (looking around)
Me: Do we like, just go up there?
C: I don't really know...
Me: Well i don't want to go up there if that's not how this works, they don't bring us menus or anything (keep in mind the sign outside said ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET)
C: I have no clue... i guess we just go, but wouldn't they tell us?
Me: Maybe i should call G and ask...

Which i then proceeded to call my dear bf and ask him the stupidest question in the world. "So, I'm at this chinese buffet for lunch... and i'm not sure what we're supposed to do, like, do we just go up there?"

First silence. Followed by about a minute and a half of hysterical laughter.

YUP, that's me, asking the dumb and obvious question. So sue me, the last time i was at a buffet was when i was like 9. I didn't know protocol and i didn't want to just roll up there and start shoveling dumplings onto my plate!

So, after the phone call, we ran up there like starving lunatics made our way up there and had a great lunch. Hahahaha... lesson learned though tomorrow i think we're just gonna play it safe and hit subway. i know the protocol there (order your sandwich, move down the line, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment